I am SO excited to share with you today’s recipe! This salad has been a staple at our home ever since I discovered the recipe, just a few weeks ago. I knew I had to get it on the blog when Mom asked, “Is this recipe on the blog yet?” So, this one’s for you Mom!
What makes this salad so special? All I can say is that it is LOADED with flavor and SO easy to assemble. I also love the fact that it makes a ton and you can eat it for days! Seriously, when I make this salad I know I have lunch and dinner covered for the next few days. That is even with hubby eating it too!
Did I mention the presentation? Oh my, if you are in a pinch and need a quick dish to impress, this is your new “go-to” recipe! I think every color under the rainbow is represented in this salad. Eating this beautiful, bright salad is guaranteed to make anyone feel good.
The addition of quinoa and chickpeas makes this a complete meal. You’ll get an abundance of all the goodness that the multitude of veggies offer, while also getting plenty of protein and fiber from the chickpeas.
Fresh, easy and pretty enough to serve to guests! This salad is sure to please everyone!
Colorful Cabbage Salad!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ head Napa cabbage
- ½ head purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 whole red bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole green bell pepper chopped
- 3 whole banana peppers chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 3 whole scallions sliced
- 3 whole cucumbers diced
- 1 cup fine cut carrots
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- dash of garlic salt
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- Chop all the vegetables and place in a VERY large bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa and chickpeas to vegetables.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad or top with dressing as you serve. Enjoy!