Are you ready for an extra dose of Omegas this week? Well, have I got a delicious smoothie that is a great source of both Omegas 3 and 6 and we can’t overlook all of the antioxidants that blueberries offer. Chia seeds and hemp seeds give this smoothie the blast of Omegas that we need to stay healthy, plus plenty of protein!
As I mentioned before, this smoothie is loaded with Omegas. Why are Omegas so important? Not only do they protect your heart but they also offer anti-inflammatory benefits which can help fight many other diseases. Gotta have your Omegas! One more thing…this smoothie is absolutely delightful, bursting with blueberries and ultra creamy from the almond butter. What a beautiful combination! What a delicious way to treat your body to some healthy goodness!
Blueberry Omega Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana if you don't have a frozen banana just use a regular banana and add extra ice
- 1 cup blueberries
- handful of spinach leaves
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup non-dairy milk I used lite coconut milk
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until well combined. Add extra water or milk if too thick.
- Top with some frozen blueberries and enjoy!