There is something refreshing about biting into a crunchy lettuce leaf on a hot summer day. This chickpea taco is perfect for a hot summer day!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 15oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded cabbage green or red
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- ½ cup seeded and diced red pepper
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- sea salt to taste
- 4-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
In a large bowl, smash the chickpeas with a fork and sprinkle with chili powder.
Add the cabbage, carrot, red onion, peppers, green onion cilantro, and lime juice.
Divide the salad mixture among the romaine lettuce leaves. One leaf per taco.
Top each taco with sliced avocado or make your own guacamole.